“This is about an admitted attempt, encouraged from outside, to challenge and break the State's authority. That is intolerable. Whoever deviates from this policy that I have established, privately or publicly, will be expelled from the Union Nationale.”
- Maurice Duplessis
* How did Canada evovle in the post war era politically, socially, economically and militarily?
* How did Canada focus on the develoment and sustainment of Canadian culture?
* How did the dynamics in relationships between Canada and the United States change in post war Canada?
*How did the emergence of the Cold War affect Canada as a nation?
1. Introductory Set (10 min)
Post War Canada to the Modern Era: How has Canada evolved?
a) Rock your Era
> Visual Representations
> Rock your Era Presentations
> Group Challenge / Trivia Competitions
2. Class Activity (40 min)
- Intro: Rock your Era
- Group & Era Formation
- Watch: Bert the Turtle (embedded) while groups make / eras designated
- GAPPS Research and Planning doc
3. Closing Activity (25 min)
Evolving Fashions from 1945- 1982
- Lesson: GAPPS Drawing Tool
- In your Rock Your Era groups, showcase the main fashion trends (clothes, hair, shoes) from your era. Use the various features in GAPPS Drawing and create a collage / poster that showcases a minimum of 3 examples of fashions / trends for men and 3
examples of fashions / trends for women. Make sure you are convincing the class why your era ROCKED out in fashion....
- Share and present to the class
Consolidation: What are the major driving forces for changes in fashion? What defines and shapes fashion trends in the world today?
D2.4 describe some key developments related to Canada’s participation in the international community during this period, with a particular focus on the context of the Cold War
D3.2 explain ways in which various individuals, events, groups, and/or organizations contributed to the arts and popular culture in Canada during this period